Last modified: July 29, 2022
This policy describes the types of information that Roup LLC ("Company" or "We") may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website at ("Website"). This policy also describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies:
- To information that we collect on this Website.
- To information that we collect in email messages, text messages, and other electronic messages between you and this Website; and
- To information that we collect when you interact with our advertising and with applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
This policy does not apply:
- To information that we collect offline or through any other means, including on any other website that we operate or by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- To information collected by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 18. If you are under age 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, including but not limited to registering on the Website, bidding or making any purchases through the Website, using any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website. If you are under age 18, do not provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name or other moniker you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as first name, last name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, demographic data, zip codes, property information, payment details, any other identifier by which you may be contacted or identified online or offline and ANY OTHER INFORMATION THE WEBSITE COLLECTS THAT IS DEFINED AS PERSONAL OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION UNDER AN APPLICABLE LAW ("personal information"); and
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as contents of your comments and postings on or through the Website; and
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, participating in auctions or otherwise buying or providing items, providing information related to or otherwise performing Private Selling Officer services, providing content or services on or through the Website, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you register for an event or enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us or when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (i.e., "posted") on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or to third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. We also may maintain such information or associate it with personal information that we collect in other ways or that we receive from third parties. This may help us improve our Website and deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, content or services that you request from us.
- To facilitate and process auctions, other transactions, and Private Selling Officer services that may take place on or through the Website.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To carry out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Website and services we provide.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To the court involved in the auction, to the private selling officer who conducted the Auction or to his or her support staff or successor, to law firms and their attorneys and support staff, to mortgage servicers and investors, to other auction companies and auctioneers, to real-estate professionals and other service providers, including without limitation property preservation providers, and to other private selling officers.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor of our Company in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, including without limitation public record requests that may be made by third parties.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
Certain portions of the Website may use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google LLC. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies," which are text files placed on your computer or other device to help the Website analyze how visitors use the Website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google. Google may use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Website, compiling reports on activity and providing other services relating to activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf.
Additional information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data may be made available by Google at the following website: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Please note that you may opt-out of having or making your activity available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on provided by Google. Additional information may be made available by Google at the following website: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en&ref_topic=2919631. Please note that using the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on may not prevent site owners from using other tools to measure site analytics. It does not prevent data from being sent to the website itself or in other ways to web analytics services.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information, and you must update any changes through your online account. You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If your account is deactivated or you ask us to close your account, you may no longer be able to use the Website or any services provided thereon. If you would like us to deactivate your account, you can do so through your account profile page or by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request to deactivate your account. However, certain information may actively persist on the Website even if you close your account, including bidding information, information in any messages you posted to the Website, information related to Auctions, and information that is required to be maintained by law. In addition, your personal information may remain in our archives and information you update or delete or information within a closed account may persist internally or for our administrative purposes. It is not always possible to completely remove or delete information from our databases. In addition, we typically will not remove information you posted publicly through or on the Website. Please keep in mind that neither you nor Company can delete all copies of information that has been previously shared with others on the Website.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write to us at:
Attn: Privacy Matters
1555 Lake Shore Drive
Columbus, Ohio 43204
You must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in the subject field of your email or letter. You must include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. We will respond to you at your mailing address or, at our option, your email address. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly or that do not have complete information.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern to us. Phishing websites may imitate legitimate websites in order to obtain personal or financial information. For more information about phishing, visit the website of the Federal Trade Commission at http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0003-phishing. In addition, if you believe you have received an email or had a similar interaction with a third party pretending to be the Company, please report it at firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Transfer of Personal Information
The Company is a United States company. If you are located outside the United States, please do not use the Website. The Company transfers personal information in the United States for processing and may transfer information outside of the United States and use subcontractors and service providers outside of the United States. The United States may not have the same data protection laws as other countries. By visiting the Website, or providing the Company with any information, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to the transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States and in other countries by Company and its subcontractors and service providers.
Attn: Privacy Matters
1555 Lake Shore Drive
Columbus, Ohio 43204
Last updated July 29, 2022
© July 29, 2022, Roup LLC. All Rights Reserved.